?: Looking for your recommendations!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
greyhoundrick
greyhoundrick Regular Member • Posts: 398
?: Looking for your recommendations!

Hello!

Im in the market for a Canon camera and lens with about a $5000 +/- budget. Im not very knowledgeable about the Canon system as I have shot Nikon and Sony for the past 15 years.

Ive always wanted to try Canon and believe this is an exciting time for the company. Im wanting to get a body with a 70-200 and will be using it for some selective portraits, short range wildlife and places like the zoo and smaller venue sports i.e. volleyball, roller derby, basketball etc.

If your budget was $5000 and you were starting from scratch with Canon would you lean towards something like the r6 + 70-200mm rf f/2.8 or maybe more like the 5D Mark IV + 70-200mm f2.8 EF is iii? Buying used is definitely something I have done and will do in the future!

Excellent stabilization (either body, lens or both) is important to me as Im older and not the steadiest and I do prefer fast glass vs. longer focal lengths. I often shoot with shorter, fast lenses while trying to get in as close as possible. 200mm is the longest lens Ive ever owned.

Thanks so much for any input you can give me. Im open to any suggestions and value your opinions!

take care,

Rick

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow