Back button focus on A7rIII. When not click any of the back button, I want to do manual focus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Georgeee
Georgeee Contributing Member • Posts: 722
Back button focus on A7rIII. When not click any of the back button, I want to do manual focus

When not click any of the back button, I want to do manual focus. But I turn the focal ring on the lens. it does  not change the focal point. I assume nothing is triggering a auto focus and I should be able to turn the ring to focus. Did I miss a setting? I use auto tracking (for birding). Shutter is not doing any focusing.

My Canon R5 has the similar setup. When I do not press any back button that I setup. I can turn the focal ring on the lens to change the focal lens as if it is in the manual focus mode. Very convenient

Georgeee's gear list:Georgeee's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +8 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow