Others love it, but not for me

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Justin-Case New Member • Posts: 9
Others love it, but not for me

After a foolish misstep away from Fujifilm I was really looking forward to getting my X-Pro2. It seemed like it would suit my immediate style and some of my favourite photographers use it and let's face it, it looks cool.

As it turned out I just couldn't get on with it. The main issue was the viewfinder and if the rest of the camera is great I wouldn't know. I didn't get to find out as the viewfinder problems constantly got in the way.

It seems trivial to point out that a higher viewfinder magnification is a huge aid with composition, and since my eyesight is no longer ideal, it has become essential. The X-Pro2 has a magnification of 0.59x electronic and 0,33x optical and an optical coverage of 92%. That is not great, and with all I've read about this body I'm surprised nobody else has said so. The optical viewfinder seemed better in concept than in use, and mostly I just stuck with the EVF as switching between the two seemed fussy and just added to my irritation with the camera.

The eyecup is poorly designed and it is difficult to see clearly with bright light coming from the side. The cup is glued in place. If it comes unstuck you lose it. Fujifilm don't offer an alternative cup and I found myself wondering what failure of good sense caused them to design it like this when it would have been so easy to make it better.

There is a small army of people out there who swear by the X-Pro bodies and I respect that. Maybe it's just me then. But I've sold the X-Pro2 and got an X-T3 and I couldn't be more delighted.

Justin-Case's gear list:Justin-Case's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2
24 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Jan 15, 2016
Justin-Case's score
Average community score
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow