Advice on next lens purchase 50mm or thereabouts.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shine111 Regular Member • Posts: 337
Advice on next lens purchase 50mm or thereabouts.

I shoot a Sony A7RII, and my current lenses are the 90mm Macro and the 100-400mm Tamron lightweight.

These suit me very well, but I'm lacking something 50mm or less. Not a fan of 35mm focal length, but do like 50mm, so that's what I'm looking for right now. As I'm not seeing anything in non-prime that's grabbing me sharpness wise at the price range I'm considering -- did I miss anything?

Mostly what matters to me is sharpness, as I like to find photos in photos zooming in. I take a lot of distant shots at skies, clouds, landscapes, and sometimes close ups of plants with a lot of bokeh, so round bokeh balls matter.

A bit tapped out right now so I'm just looking in the lower priced, $700 or under for a 50mm, sharpest that can be found in that range with autofocus and something that attached to a Sony will have the JPGs corrected in camera. I shoot both RAW and JPG but prefer to let the camera do the work if possible.

Suggestions please?

So far I'm looking at the $200 nifty fifty of Sony's and Sony's 50mm macro, kindof torn between the two. I don't care for Sigmas color cast, it's a little too gray for me, but I'll go for Tamron's as a 3rd party option.

Shine111's gear list:Shine111's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 +3 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow