What camera to buy for my new life?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Viriato9 New Member • Posts: 2
What camera to buy for my new life?

Hello friends,

In a couple months I move to Japan to live there, and I plan to start a youtube channel with vlogs and cinematic shots. Also, i enjoy still photography so I had plans to buy a camera.

I've been doing digital photography and desing all my life, so I have that photography eye "developed" but when it comes to camera parts and info  I'm a newbie.

Yesterday was my birthday and my wife gifted me a Panasonic FZ300.

I've been looking info about this camera, and i don't know why but I got the impression that even though it's a really nice compact camera, it lacks some crispiness and sharpness on still photos. Like it's not a big jump on quality compared to my phone (Huawei P30 pro).

So that's where i find the SONY ZV1, a little bit more expensive, but with this camera I found that quality on still photography, and also that power for cinematic video. And of course, it's a vloggin camera after all.

But, this Sony ZV1 is maybe more lacking in the aspects of a reflex camera (zoom and stuff).

That's where my question resides.

Should I keep the FZ300 and try to work around the quality issue (maybe it's only because I'm a newbie I can't get that sharpness) or should I switch to the Sony ZV1?

Thank you so much, and sorry for the long text.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow