Sony RX10 IV for Hummingbirds?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Roxy1945 Senior Member • Posts: 1,630
Re: Sony RX10 IV for Hummingbirds?

da7329 wrote:

the Sony has a clear advantage for BIF it’s AF system is much more suited for action than the pany. But for hummers it is not such a big factor as they hover a lot and you have gotten some good shots with the fz. So if you can get close enough to make up for the Sony’s extra zoom it may not be worth it. I have an fz1000 the rx10m4 and a D500. Most of the hummer shots we have are from the D500 well over 20000. I took the rx out a few days ago and shot a couple hundred hummers from about 6ft. It was the first time using the rx for hummers. I would say it rates very good compared to the D500. With a little more practice I think I could get about the same keeper rate as the D500. It is a very good action cam.

DA

I agree hummers like the ones I posted are pretty easy with any zoom camera. I could take many many more shots like these because they are from a hummingbird feeder which makes it much easier to get close and get lots of shots without even going full zoom, but  for me after I'd shot a couple for my flickr page with this camera I found that's enough. The other smaller  BIF's  are more difficult.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow