OOPs.. I Dropped my P950 :(

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,207
Re: OOPs.. I Dropped my P950 :(

ANAYV wrote:

bluzman wrote:

Judging from that beautiful first image, it seems like you dodged a bullet. Excellent!!

Indeed. Glad its working fine.

Reading this post got me thinking, though. Most of the time in the field, I use a camera strap like this one from BlackRapid.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079M1NKD4/

I supplement it with a small tether between the strap itself and one of the built-in attachment points on my camera...a backup safety, if you will.

I wonder how many here use a similar rig.

Thanks for that. I actually dont use anything around my neck. Instead I have hand straps on my cameras.

How did it drop?

I also , at times use a vest that has slots. These come with adapters that connects to tripod mount. These then slide into slot area on the vest .

So camera can be secured on body...and If I need to move fast to follow wildlife...there is no bouncing around. The neck strap will have camera bouncing

Having the P950 on this vest...I was shooting a dragonfly...and I bent over to get good angle.

Unfortunately I leaned over too much...and P950 which was on and lens at 2000mm...well it fell right off.

I was shooting with another camera, while P950 was on the vest.

Vest works great...just wont work if one leans over until camera slides right out of the vest

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Thanks for the explanation of how it happened. What's important is that the beastie still appears to be working fine.

As for camera straps, I'm well past the age when I'll run after anything so bouncing cameras are a non-issue.

bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Nikon D500 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow