Viability of GFX50R to combine systems

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cerridwen
Cerridwen Forum Member • Posts: 89
Viability of GFX50R to combine systems

Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to post this but figured this is the audience I am seeking thoughts from.

I am in the midst of possibly combining two systems. I currently have Nikon F (D610, D300) and Pentax APSC ( *ist D, DS2, K5 II) with a plethora of lenses for each system. Each system is used for different purposes. My thoughts are to supplement the camera(s) for a GFX50R (cost is factor). I have no need for AF with the work I do so my logic would be to use my existing Pentax (3 limited lenses) and Nikon F glass (mixed array of pro glass and AI lenses) with adapters.

I would then need to focus on only one flash system, streamlining flow. GFX50R in crop mode would yield comparable if not much better results then my current cams (am I correct here?).

Does this sound like a sensible option? Bear in mind I would eventually invest in GFX glass.

Thoughts and input much appreciated.

Cerridwen's gear list:Cerridwen's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon D40X Fujifilm GFX 50R Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Fujifilm GFX 50R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rbf
rbf
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow