Third stops on a camera that only have settings for full stops?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndersFoto New Member • Posts: 1
Third stops on a camera that only have settings for full stops?

Hello,

I have this weird question that's been bugging my mind recently. I don't know much about different film cameras besides my own. I've been shooing film for a little more than a month now, after I made a switch, first from auto focus to manual focus(half a year ago), and then from manual focus on digital all the way to analog/film and manual focus only.

I'm shooting on a Nikon FA, probably one of the leading manual focus only slr from Nikon. The camera has internal multi matrix metering which I'm using from time to time to expose my photos correctly. What bugs my mind is that, all or most lenses are set to click at full stop appertures. As well as that, the cameras shutter speed only have full stops on the shutterspeed. However though, it bugs my mind that the iso dial has full stops indicated, with third stops in between. What questions me is, why is it that the camera is able to receive third stop iso readings for the internal meeting yet only being able to shoot at full stops shutterspeed?

I suppose this is very much normal, but over/underexposed third stops doesn't really make sense in my head when only the shutter speed is idealy going to react to full stops of over/under exposure.

Please be humble in the comments, ive made the partly switch to film recently, but I hope we can have a civil chat about this😊

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow