Lens Combo Advice? (Sony A7III)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mdealto Forum Member • Posts: 56
Lens Combo Advice? (Sony A7III)

Hey guys! I could use some advice on lens selection. I shoot with only primes and want no more than 3. My original idea was to go for a 24, 50, and 85 (all Samyang).

For reference, I shoot the occasional wedding, portraits, and landscapes. However, now I'm wondering if I could pull off just going with a 35 and 85. I already bought the 45mm Samyang but now I'm wondering if I should return it and get the 35 instead. I have the 85mm 1.4 on the way. (On another note, I am also curious about the 75 instead of the 85)

So, anyone have these lenses? Is 35mm too narrow to use for landscape? Would 35 and 85 be versatile enough for what I want? My reason for considering the two lenses instead of three is mostly cost. If I stick with the 45 and 85, eventually I would pick up a 24 but it would have to wait a while. Thanks!

mdealto's gear list:mdealto's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Micro Four Thirds
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow