Calling out cheaters: official position Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,643
Calling out cheaters: official position

It is good to call out cheaters, but it should not be public. It is believed it will be more effective than the public shaming attempt. It should also be for crimes worse than editing the date in a JPG EXIF. One should not be punished for bringing cheating up to a Challenge host. Let me know if you are and I will follow through with the host and admin as necessary.

You'll recall that this was my instinct as well. I confirmed with admin, since I'm new to this area of DPR.

This now makes a couple times where I did a gut check on some contentious issue here and found that I do have a good idea of what the official position of DPR would be, when there are gray areas. I will not be taking their time every time someone passionately disagrees with my positions, but will just take appropriate action. It just takes too much time otherwise.

If you really feel that I've been unfair in some matter, you are of course able to bring it up directly to admin.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"A book breaks the shackles of time."
-Carl Sagan

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III +34 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow