Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Veteran Member • Posts: 7,986
Re: OOPs.. I Dropped my P950 :(

ANAYV wrote:

JimH123 wrote:

ANAYV wrote:

First the bad news.

While using my P950 the other day I accidentally dropped my P950.

About 3 -4 feet, onto the ground (dirt/grass)

Camera was on and lens was fully zoomed out

I quickly picked it up and the EVF had the words please turn off and turn on again (or something like that).

The good news:

It powered back up and seems to be fine

This image taken the day After the fall:

I see plenty of fine details and am confident the P950 will continue to be a good tool for taking images far away (birds/wildlife), which is the reason I bought it.

Good to see this is build pretty good.

Stay healthy

ANAYV

You're lucky this time.

Indeed I was.

Depending upon how it strikes the ground, it could have been a disaster.

I know. Thats what I expected..

Stay healthy

ANAYV

Exactly why I am hyper protective of my gear.

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow