Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8, One of a kind, why don't they make lens like these anymore

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snaptastic New Member • Posts: 14
Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8, One of a kind, why don't they make lens like these anymore

Three years ago I had purchased the legendary 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5. It had the range and speed I wanted. It only worked briefly (2 days), then the aperture stopped opening, also the lens didn't seem smooth. I wasn't smart enough to return it or ask for a refund though I don't think it would've worked. Sigma Argentina seemed that they were able to help but I didn't reach back to them. Yes, I know it has been long discontinued and there are no parts for it (they should have at least a blueprint so peeps can make their own parts).

It would've been an awesome lens and would've been great for cine cams, very few manufactures make long, fast lens, they're either shorter or have a constant f/4, which I wouldn't consider too ideal.

Anyone have stories with the lens, or once owned it, or still use it to this day?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow