Fuji X-S10 "Fan Noise" normal?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Matthias Harder New Member • Posts: 17
Fuji X-S10 "Fan Noise" normal?

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new X-S10 and I'm really happy with it so far! Thanks to everyone who's shared some of their experience and helping me in making this decision over at the buyers advive forum.

After shooting for a few days I've noticed that the camera makes this distinct "fan noise" which is quiet audible in quieter environments in addition to a more coin while type quieter chirping noise which I don't find as distracting as it isn't as pronounced. But the fan noise I pretty much hear all the time when shoting with the camera close to my face and I can even still hear it when the camera is at arms lenghts. It's not super loud but it's loud enough that I don't have to hold the camera against my egainst my ear to hear it. When I do it litterally sounds like there's a little fan inside the camera.

I've found some posts in other forums (here I wasn't as luck with the search function) stating that it's just the IBIS doing it's job. And at least for me it's loud enough that my microphones would pic it up in quiet environments when shooting video, which isn't perfect for me.

I just want to check in with other owners to see wether it's present in all models or wether it's louder or quieter in some.

So do you hear that "fan noise" when your camera is on and you put it against your ear? Do you also hear it further away?

I'm using a non stabilized lens and the sound is 100% coming from the body.

Besides this I'm happy so far and just want to make sure all is good with my particular model and if it's the norm, I hope I'll get used to it.

Thanks already!

Kind regards

Matthias

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow