Newbie lens question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
highab New Member • Posts: 4
Newbie lens question

I'm a tech bod with lots of computer and audio and editing and projection and streaming experience, but little to no actual knowledge of proper camera lenses. We've never changed the interchangeable lens on our current camera that we've had for 10 or 11 years now.

We're looking into buying a HD-NDI 200 streaming camera from AIDA.

It is a POV camera and there is therefore no zoom on the lens that comes with the camera. It is possible to change out this lens.

Since we use our cameras for live streaming of our meetings we'd need some lenses with zooms.... less zoom required for the camera that is in the 2nd or 3rd row and a much greater zoom for the camera at the back of the room (currently an 18-200mm lens and we do use both ends of that zoom range).

The HD-NDI 200 has a CS mount and comes with a C adapter. From what I understand, the C to CS adapter just adds 5mm to the length allowing the focus point of C lenses to fall in the right place on the sensor.

Since we're looking to use our POV cameras as more than just POV (zooming required) and there are way more lenses out there that look like they'd work for us with different types of mounts so I'd like to know the following:

1) if using an F to CS mount adapter would mean we could use F mount lenses on it. I assume that the answer to that is yes - it's just one adapter, although there are not that many options.

2) if we could use other adapters to C mount then the C to CS mount adapter and still get good results. e.g. A mount to C mount then the C to CS to the body of the camera.

The HD-NDI 200 1/2.8" Progressive CMOS sensor. I believe that will affect something regarding the lenses we could use.

As I said I'm a total newbie where camera lenses are concerned, so any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow