Iceland

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
kristian1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,889
Re: Iceland

Hi Greg

In my opinion in Iceland is always better to have more lenses than less , since most of the attractions are not far from parking , no long hiking distances. And after all you can always leave some gear in car when you want to take longer walk.

Maybe there will be times that you will want wider then 23mm lens , for example make sure to visit Seljalandsfoss (it is on the main road) best is to visit before sunset when light is hitting water as backlight (need luck to have clear day) , but in this location you will need wider lens for some compositions when you are behind waterfall (my recommendation is stacking vertical images with 23mm).

Also make sure to visit Kvernufoss Waterfall , it is not very well known but it is very short walk from main road and in my opinion must visit.

I am sure you will enjoy there and bring some great images.

Also don't look for always sunny days , on cloudy day there are many great opportunities to make some moody shots.

Edit: someone suggested to protect your gear from water , I was twice there in Iceland (at that time didn't have Fuji GFX) but used Canon 5dsr , and it got really really wet from waterfalls , I didn't protect it and it survived, for sure it is better to be careful but I wouldn't be too worried since Fuji is also weather sealed.

All the best

Kristian

kristian1's gear list:kristian1's gear list
Canon EOS R Fujifilm GFX 100 Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
cjb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow