Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP greenmanphoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,147
Re: Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

NicholasD wrote:

greenmanphoto wrote:

All,

There were some EXCELLENT entries! There were ALSO some EXCELLENT exhibits, some of which I feel SHOULD have been entries! But, the owner decided how to include them in this challenge, so...

It is my pleasure to announce that NicholasD's entry of the GT 40 speeding by in the First Place winner for the Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports! It's an excellent image, showing the sense of speed brought about by driving such a beast of a car on a track at speed!

Second Place is a tie, as it's simply very hard for me to choose between these two entries! Rjake and Mike Geier both have EXCELLENT entries with their DHL IndyCar shot and 1968 Bridgehampton Race shot, respectively! Nice action on the former, and such history on the latter!

Third Place is also a tie between Ed Form and his Entry 2, a shot of the crankshaft and the connecting rods from a Mercedes engine, and Ab S for his shot of the dashboard at night of his Volvo V60.

Thanks, everyone, for participating! And thanks to Ab for selecting my train station shot in his previous Mini Challenge #631!

Sam

Thanks! This was really fun and I have to say I was surprised that the GT40 was selected for first place. There were some really excellent and compelling photos (and plenty of history as well). Image reposted with full EXIF in case anyone is interested.

Nicholas,

Goes to show that great photos can be made by even relatively "low-level" gear like a D7200 and a 70-300! Most would scoff, at least at the lens used, and say, "You can't take a great photo with that lens!" THIS shows different, IMHO! And while the D7200 WAS listed as Nikon's "flagship APS-C" camera until the release of the D500, I think the D500 is definitely at least one step above it! BUT, in the hands of a good photographer who knows how to use it, that doesn't matter one whit!

Again, nice image, and congratulations on the win!

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D300, D700, D500, and D850; 16-80mm, 85mm f1.8, 24-85mm, 24-120mm; Sigma 10-20 f3.5, 150mm f2.8 Macro, 17-50mm f2.8; Tamron 70-300mm, 70-200mm f2.8 VC; 24-70mm f2.8 VC G2; Gitzo 2531 Mountaineer tripod; RRS BH-55 ball head; Monostat RS-16 Pro monopod; Various odds and ends.
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

greenmanphoto's gear list:greenmanphoto's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow