Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NicholasD
NicholasD Contributing Member • Posts: 831
Re: Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports

greenmanphoto wrote:

All,

There were some EXCELLENT entries! There were ALSO some EXCELLENT exhibits, some of which I feel SHOULD have been entries! But, the owner decided how to include them in this challenge, so...

It is my pleasure to announce that NicholasD's entry of the GT 40 speeding by in the First Place winner for the Mini Challenge #632: Motorsports! It's an excellent image, showing the sense of speed brought about by driving such a beast of a car on a track at speed!

Second Place is a tie, as it's simply very hard for me to choose between these two entries! Rjake and Mike Geier both have EXCELLENT entries with their DHL IndyCar shot and 1968 Bridgehampton Race shot, respectively! Nice action on the former, and such history on the latter!

Third Place is also a tie between Ed Form and his Entry 2, a shot of the crankshaft and the connecting rods from a Mercedes engine, and Ab S for his shot of the dashboard at night of his Volvo V60.

Thanks, everyone, for participating! And thanks to Ab for selecting my train station shot in his previous Mini Challenge #631!

Sam

Thanks! This was really fun and I have to say I was surprised that the GT40 was selected for first place. There were some really excellent and compelling photos (and plenty of history as well). Image reposted with full EXIF in case anyone is interested.

NicholasD's gear list:NicholasD's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D40 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow