G9 Card Slot Door Rubber

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 2,068
Re: G9 Card Slot Door Rubber

Pannylumixfan wrote:

Hi all,

After owning my G9 for 18 months the rubber grip over the card door has come loose. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts to stick it back I have decided to try using the camera without the rubber covering the door. The plastic door has several little slots which, so far, don't seem uncomfortable when gripping the camera.

I just wondered if anyone has been using this solution long term and, if so, how did they find it?

Thanks.

Brian

I have 2 G9's and both have had the door covering removed for at least 6 months. It hasn't been a problem at all since its not an area that actually gets gripped during use. I kind of like the looks without the rubber too, decorative. It was a bit time consuming removing the glue left behind after removal of the rubber but not that bad.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow