Help a newbie with E-M10 Mark II focus

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Forum Pro • Posts: 10,553
Maybe ....

Disclaimers. … First I rarely answer questions from someones first and only post! … Second I rarely answer questions that I have no knowledge about …. and I never do movies ...

However, I do have the the M10.2 and your question for some reason intrigued me … So, In the MENU under The gear (the custom menu) there is section I which is devoted to and labeled Movies. … GO down to item 'i” which is labeled “shutter function” (which is the last item in the list on the second page) there you'll find that there are two modes – the default being 1 which is standard for still picture use. Mode 2 is described as movie and I read that it will initiate focus and act like the red dot movie button (which is now disabled) until it is pressed again to stop recording …

Just research – no actual experience and I didn't even try so I'm sorry if this response is a dud …

WhyNot

It occurs to me you might just press the red dot button instead of the shutter button! .....

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow