Image quality Canon RP vs. Fuji (X-Pro1, X-E4, X100V)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomasography Junior Member • Posts: 40
Image quality Canon RP vs. Fuji (X-Pro1, X-E4, X100V)

I know that this topic has been discussed thousands of times. But I am now convinced that the full frame sensor of the RP is far superior to all crop sensors. Yes, many claim only in low light etc... but also in normal ISO-Values.

I like the experience of what Fuji cameras offer. However, when I look at the images at home, the image from the Canon RP wins every single time. And I'm not talking about pixel peeping or 100% view. It's the details on the skin, for example. The pictures that come out of the RP remind me of analogue pictures.

But what surprised me most about the test images was that the Fuji X-Pro 1 offers the best details, after the RP.

I tried to standardise the camera settings as much as possible. The images are all RAW, which got the same Lightroom (RNI-Films) preset.

I don't understand how you can go from a full-frame sensor to a crop. The difference in quality is so big.

Exposure is also always spot on with the Canon RP. With Fuji you have to constantly work with exposure compensation.

I am totally wrong in my opinion? I am questioning everything right now. I would say totally lost in the GAS

I would be interested to hear what you think about this topic.

Canon RP | Lens: Canon 35mm 1.8. | Aperture: 6.3 | ISO 800

Fuji X-E4 | Lens: Fuji 23mm 2 | Aperture: 4.5 | ISO: 500

Fuji X100V | Lens: Fuji 23mm | Aperture: 4.5 | ISO: 640

Fuji X-PRO 1 | Lens: Fuji 23mm 2 | Aperture: 4.5 | ISO: 640

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow