Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 48mp GCam samples

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
melodika Forum Member • Posts: 50
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra 48mp GCam samples

Here are some samples from Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra wtih 48mp GCam module. I think that the ability to shoot multiframe GCam raws with this configuration (1/1.32" sensor) produces very nice results. The lens is also very sharp and gives detail similar to Ricoh GR III with 24mp APS-C sensor; I've made some comparisons that clearly reveal this. Ricoh still has an edge with finer microcontrast but it's sooo close that I don't really mind!

With this configuration I think I don't need Ricoh anymore – only keeping it because shooting with it is still faster which is sometimes desirable. Taking a 48mp Gcam photo takes many seconds to process, depending on how many HDR+Enhanced frames you set it to use. 48mp also provides possibilities for cropping.

Albeit this is great it's still not ideal to need a rooted phone with Magisk module to achieve this. For a while Mi 10 Ultra was the only phone that I know of with the ability to shoot 48mp RAW. Now there's a new beta version of Arnova GCam that enables 48mp for Oneplus 7 and 8, without root! I have seen some results and they look nice indeed, output is similar to Mi 10 Ultra. But I still think, based on what I've seen, that Mi still has an edge when you look closer (better detail retention).

DNG edit 48mp, no NR

DNG edit 48mp. no NR

DNG edit 48mp

DNG edit 48 mp, some noise reduction added

Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow