Buy a Nikon 35mm SLR or rent a Canon Lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TamirN
TamirN New Member • Posts: 7
Buy a Nikon 35mm SLR or rent a Canon Lens?

I'm planned to go on a road trip to from California to Florida in a month and I want to mainly shoot film throughout the trip. I'm looking for the sharpest and overall best lens option for my trip and I have two options.

I do have a lot of older SLRs and lots of older lenses but I would like to have the luxury of autofocus throughout the trip as I am no speed demon when it comes to manual focusing. I have a Canon EOS 650 which is a great little camera, but I haven't upgraded the kit and it still has an 80s era 35-70mill on it. I was thinking of renting a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II for the trip and it would cost around $125 dollars.

On the other hand, I have a Nikon 24-120mm f/4G ED VR lens I use with my Nikon D750. In this case, I could purchase a late Nikon SLR and use my 24-120mm with it. I'm not sure how the sharpness of the two lenses compare, is there a big difference or not much between the two?

Which of these two results do you guys think would yield the best results? I hope I explained my dilemma well and I apologize if I gave anyone a heart attack trying to understand what I'm saying!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow