A versatile wonder (Sigma 135/1.8 Art).

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
OP Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,238
Re: A versatile wonder (Sigma 135/1.8 Art).

earthbound_ca wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

In short a delightful lens, which I would have loved in a VR/OS version!

Based on my own experience with the 135 and seeing your diverse subject matter, a full frame Nikon mirrorless might work well for you and would pair well with the 135 with the added bonus of IBIS. For many (like me), Z mirrorless has breathed new life into their non-VR primes. Also, with AF points around the frame, the Z mirrorless allows subject placement almost anywhere in the frame so the shooter can take advantage of the 135's across-the-frame sharpness whether wide open or stopped down. Now that the Z7 II is out, Z7s can be had at lower prices. The Z7's DX crop is about like the D7500 in terms of pixels count so it's kind of like having two cameras in one, one DX and one FX. I don't wish to give you GAS but IBIS and a wide AF array really make a lens like the 135 Art complete. Always enjoy your posts. Take care!

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I would not mind having a Z body, but funds are stretched as it is!
My D600 is getting a bit old, so a Z7 would be a great replacement, and I would love IBIS!

Yours,

Tord

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow