My Second ZS200 Photos Can't Be Told Apart From My FZ1000 Pictures!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sbansban Contributing Member • Posts: 601
My Second ZS200 Photos Can't Be Told Apart From My FZ1000 Pictures!!

I had my eyes on the ZS200 for a long time because I always hoped that in spite of the slower lens, it would be a sort of pocketable version of and reasonably comparable to my FZ1000 as they share the same sensor and technology. I bought a used ZS200 a year back and no matter how I tweaked the settings, it produced atrocious pictures. After I posted them on DPR, experienced users confirmed that it was a defective copy - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4483311.

I read a lot about the sample variation issues with the ZS100 and ZS200 and pretty much gave up on the ZS200,

But I still jumped at the chance to try out a new copy from Best Buy a few days back.

Taking advantage of bright, sunny weather, I took lots of photos with the new ZS200 this Sunday, June 20th - and for good measure, shot the same scenes with my FZ1000 as well.

And wonder of wonders, they just can't be told apart!!

This is fantastic because this would mean that when travelling with luggage restrictions, I can leave my FZ1000 at home and take a different large camera with me (a DSLR or my P1000) instead - with the ZS200 standing in for the FZ1000.

Of course, I am aware that all these photos are in the best possible conditions - i.e., in bright, direct sunlight. In low light, I would not expect the ZS200 to always keep up - but that test will be for another day.

In the comparison pairs below, the ZS200 photos come first, followed by the FZ1000 shots of the same scene. All images SOOC - unedited and uncropped.

ZS200

FZ1000

ZS200

FZ1000

ZS200

FZ1000

ZS200

FZ1000

sbansban's gear list:sbansban's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Ricoh GR Panasonic FZ1000 +23 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow