BEST BACKPACK / RUCKSACK FOR HIKING PHOTOGRAPHERS (2021)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden Senior Member • Posts: 2,927
Re: BEST BACKPACK / RUCKSACK FOR HIKING PHOTOGRAPHERS (2021, Post 3)

Chris 222 wrote:

Kev The Doc wrote:

Fantastic info Chris!

The Photohiker 44 looks great, pity their website is broken (error 404) so I can’t even buy one and when clicking on “Support” the page is blank 🙄. Are there any other online retailers that will ship this product to the US as I can’t seem to find any?

I just measured my photo gear though and my longest body / lens combo is 380mm whereas the Photocube XL inside length is 360mm, how rigid is the cube, wondering if there’s enough flex to squeeze in this combo longitudinally? I could set it up to fit diagonally I guess?

Hi Kev,

I was about to PM you back but since this situation with Cosyspeed has propped up in numerous private conversations, I will post what I think here, just this once (folks, please do not waste further posts on this, I will give a public update here if I ever get a courtesy follow-up from Cosyspeed.)

That 404 for the CP44 is just bizarre. Are they sold out of the current batch order? Have they discontinued this groundbreaking pack? I have absolutely no clue. It would be nice if they informed potential customers on their site, though...

My recommendation? Use this contact form to express your questions or concerns (and please PM me with your findings):

https://www.cosyspeed.com/en/pages/kontaktformular-app-raussuchen

380mm is, I believe, a hair under 15 inches The cube XL they were supposed to ship right now was to be a little longer than the one we tested, It has somewhat flexible sides anyway so that should be just fine for your rig.

Alternatively, get a Deuter (DFV60 or DFV55), top-of-the-line TMP and simply one of the best backpacks ever made. A fellow photog recently sent me a PM with some absolutely phenomenal prices on those. Those probably won't last long as they are clearing stock (same thing here, PM me and I will be happy to share!)

Best,

Chris

Chris,

I heard back from Cosyspeed regarding the 404 issue and the status of my order. The two responses are below:

"Due to some technical and formal procedures the PHOTOHIKER was/is offline for some days in our shop, and will be back online in the coming days.
Regarding the shipping in the endless story of supply chain constraints, our CEO had sent an info mail. Seems like it was not delivered to you, so I'll paste it for you below:
---
Dear all,
today we got information from our forwarder that the PHOTOHIKERs, PHOTOCUBEs and CAMSLINGER on backorder will be arriving in Hamburg tomorrow, will go through customs on Monday and will be in our warehouse between 17th and 21st. We are prepared to ship to you immediately!
All the massive delays that we and in particular you had to face, have become somehow bizarre. For example on the railway transport from the factory in China to our warehouse a random customs inspection took place when the train left China. Our forwarder told us that such is as likely as winning the lottery. It took almost three weeks to get the container back on the track.
But now things are on the move and I am so grateful for your patience and kindness all the lime. I don't know if I would have been able to be as patient and kind as almost everyone of you was. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your PHOTOHIKER, PHOTOCUBE or CAMSLINGER.
Many thanks and all the best"

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Canon G5 X II Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow