Olympus Workspace is Apple M1 native now!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 44,233
Olympus Workspace is Apple M1 native now!

Public service announcement for Mac M1 owners / Olympus camera owners -

Surprise surprise, I just updated Olympus Workspace and had the (C) of OM Digital Solutions for this year - 2021.

I saw that it recognized the GPU-M1 as "new GPU."  Decide to check which architecture this is running at- Intel or Apple and it is Apple's!  I am surprised they already fully support M1.

You an verify this on the Activity Monitor- you have to add the column of architecture. "Apple" means "M1" (and whatever else comes later).

The speed? OMG it is fast. I remember having to wait for the RAW preview window when selecting noise reduction with full on slider on noise cancelation to get a nice way to get rid of chroma noise.. .and now it's like 0.5 secs... wow.

For reference I am comparing to my previous Intel 2.7 Ghz 2018 Mac Book Pro.

Exporting is like 1.5x to 2.0x the speed.

Anyhow, the reason I was checking Olympus Workspace is because you can get the raw files from EM10 Mark IV / EM5 Mark III / EPL 9 and I get any recent Olympus camera to do the PenF monochrome profiles with all its features including the grain.

Unfortunately the color profiles are not there (wish they were).

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow