Suare metal lens hoods for Fuji XF lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 5,532
Suare metal lens hoods for Fuji XF lenses

I am looking to add a few more square metal lens hoods for my XF lenses and it appears there are at least three or four brands to choose from.

I am looking for one for the XF 56/1.2, XF 18/1.4 (which I hope to buy soon) and possibly the XF 16-80. I'm not sure there is on for the XF 16-55 which would probably be too big. For the XF 35/1.4 still using its original hood with cap.

There is obviously Fuji's and I already own one of those for my XF 23/1.4 but they are the most expensive. I also realize if I wanted that same hood fits the XF 56/1.2 so I could buy another. The plastic "cap" on that slides on from the side. Not sure what other lenses other than the XF 16/1.4 they make ones like that for.

Then there are hoods made by Haoge and I own one of those for my XF 14/2.8 but it's cap is is metal and fits over the hood but appears to be very well made. I see they make the same for other  if I choose them.

Finally there are ones made/branded by JCC or Vello. They look pretty good as well and I think they also have a sliding plastic hood but its a little hard to tell by the Amazon o pictures.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +35 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow