Jupiter 11A questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
537dl Forum Member • Posts: 54
Jupiter 11A questions

Hi! I've recently acquired a 1975 Jupiter 11A that I really like. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone here can answer:

1) One of the helicoids is exposed to the inside of the lens barrel and, therefore, to the sensor in my mirrorless camera. I'm worried about grease from the helicoid getting on the sensor. See the pictures at the end of this post. Is this normal or is my copy missing something? I'm guessing it's normal and in the old days they didn't care as much about grease getting on the film / mirror.

2) Should I be worried about grease from this getting on my camera's sensor?

3) The focus ring is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind cleaning / re-greasing it one day. What comes out of it right now looks like dirty axle grease from a truck. Can anyone point me to a good guide for servicing this lens? My copy seems to be different than most of the ones that have been documented online so far. For example, once you remove the mount, there doesn't seem to be any accessible screws to allow further disassembly.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Pics of the lens and a sample below.

537dl's gear list:537dl's gear list
Sony a7R III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow