What is this?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Ed Shapiro
Ed Shapiro Contributing Member • Posts: 556
Re: What is this?

It is a reversible light stand spigot. On

Manfrotto and possibly other makes of light stands a have socket on set-screw in the top section that accepts theses spigots and other accessories such as boom arms, Various Monfrotto articulatde arms and clamps alos have theses sockets. The spogit in you inage has the two standard size of screw-threads that are compatable with the tripod sockets of most lightg gear that requres light stad support. The smaller size is 1/4 X 20 UNC and the larger tripod sockte size is 3/8 X 16 UNC.

Here's a link to every maner of spigot:

manfrotto spigots - Bing images

Ed Shapiro- Commercial and Portrait Photographer. Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow