Correcting orangey or yellowish skin-tones. Best way in Lightroom?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul B - UK Regular Member • Posts: 367
Correcting orangey or yellowish skin-tones. Best way in Lightroom?

Hi All.

• I use Lightroom a lot but have little experience correcting problem colours with it.
  • Sometimes the skin tones in my Sony Raw files when opened in Lightroom can look a bit too orangey or yellowish, and i can struggle to try and improve things.
  • The first thing I check is if the temperature slider needs adjusting. However, the temperature slider can only be used so far before the whole image starts looking wrong. For example, I'd use the temperature slider to reduce the colour temperature of the skin in an attempt to make it look less orangey or yellowish but then the eye whites or other areas would begin looking a bit too blue etc.
  • So that led me to try and find a better way of editing the problem in Lightroom, and I'm now looking at the HSL panel as the possible solution, which leads me onto the main part of my question:
  • Using Lightroom's HSL Panel, are orangey, yellowish (or even greenish) skin-tone problems something that should be corrected with HSL Saturation adjustment, or HSL Hue adjustment? Which ever is the correct method, I assume dragging on the image is the best way to use the HSL tool?
  • Are there any better methods that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any advice.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow