Does anyone else do this.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Redhenry Regular Member • Posts: 400
Re: Does anyone else do this.

Tongdee wrote:

DankCO wrote:

I cannot take photos using the LCD. It just doesn't work for me. Putting my eye to the VF is like shutting the world out, and I can concentrate better on the photo. Not to mention that I can hardly see the LCD in daylight + I'm farsighted. I just feel if my eye is not on the VF, I'm doing it wrong. Don't know if that makes sense.

I'm new to photography and this is my first post here. It touches on an issue (maybe non issue) I have. Even though my right eye is the strong eye I am most comfortable using the EVF with my left eye. I find it much easier than using the screen. However it becomes very awkward to use back button focus as my cheek/nose are in the way.

I think that many people have a reason for preferring EVF or screen which is to do with personal comfort. I have always preferred a screen but have more reason to do so these days. If I lift a camera to my eye, my left hand shakes, but if I use a camera with a hinged screen and hold it at waist level, it's much steadier. This is why I will be moving over to a M4/3 camera with a tilting screen and IBIS.  I can't understand why this matter has caused such controversy for some people.

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow