One Lens Per Body?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoshuaRothman Regular Member • Posts: 139
One Lens Per Body?

Does anybody shoot this way?

I'm imagining a scenario in which you own multiple camera bodies (say, an X-Pro and an X-T). On each body you have one lens always mounted (say it's the 35 1.4 on the X-Pro and the 18 1.4 on the X-T). When you leave the house, it's one camera, one lens—but you have two 1C1L setups to choose from before you leave.

Ideally, you'd match the lenses to the bodies. The 18 1.4 could be especially good on a more video-centric body like the X-S10. The 35 1.4 works beautifully with an X-Pro and its OVF. In special circumstances, of course, you could bring one body and multiple lenses, or bring out more than one body. And you might own a pancake lens, for when you want things small. But the default is 1C1L.

I'm selling a lot of my gear, especially lenses I rarely use,  and I'm contemplating assembling such a setup for myself (I'm a hobbyist). It seems a bit crazy! But there's something I find appealing about it, too. I like the idea of break-in-case-of-emergency flexibility combined with everyday constraint.

Does anybody do this?

JoshuaRothman's gear list:JoshuaRothman's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow