Canon - Fuji dilemma

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Ed B Forum Pro • Posts: 11,980
Re: Canon - Fuji dilemma

Since the day Canon introduced their first auto focus camera and their EF line of lenses I was among the Canon faithful and when I made the "switch" to digital my main cameras were the EOS3 and EOS/Elan7 along with several very good Canon lenses.

Because of my familiarity with Canon and my lenses I bough the brand new Canon 10D camera ($1500.00 at the time) and stayed with Canon until I decided to give mirrorless a try.

After trying, and losing money selling, both Sony and Olympus cameras (neither was right for me) and a few lenses, I decided mirrorless wasn't for me but a friend who owns a camera store talked me into trying a newly introduced Fiji X-E1.

The X-E1 wasn't perfect but I still liked it, very much, and I loved the Fuji lenses so I've stayed with Fuji and doubt that I'd ever change brands as long as Fuji keeps making cameras.

Just the same, I still have nothing bad to say about Canon and can understand why many people stay with Canon even when "switching" to mirrorless. I might have done the same but when I decided to give mirrorless a try Canon wasn't making a mirrorless camera.

I think the most  important thing is that a person should be happy with whatever model or brand camera they're using and, in your case, going back to Canon sounds like something that would make you happy.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow