Delete, delete, <swear>, delete, OK

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Beatsy
Beatsy Senior Member • Posts: 1,142
Delete, delete, <swear>, delete, OK

I knew I shouldn't have enabled the "delete delete" option on A1 (speeds up deletion of individual images during review). But I had to try it and never switched it off.

Well, I recently blew the dust off my other bodies and began using them regularly again. Unfortunately, when I delete an image in camera, my new A1 muscle memory kicks in and I have to follow the 5-step procedure in the title. Four button presses with a duck in the middle. Well, a word that rhymes with duck, anyway

Basically, pressing "delete, delete" starts and immediately cancels a delete operation. I voice my opinion on that, then press "delete, OK" to *actually* delete the file. Every flippin' time!

Other than that, it hasn't been at all painful going back to use the older bodies (after 3-weeks using A1 almost exclusively). Sure, A9's resolution seemed too low and A7riv felt dead sluggish, but only for a while. Half an hour of use had each feeling familiar again and working as well as they ever did. All good...

Except this infernal "delete delete" thing!

Beatsy's gear list:Beatsy's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony a1 Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +16 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow