Sigma 28-70 or Tamron 28-75 or Tamron 28-200

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
barnyz Regular Member • Posts: 464
Re: Sigma 28-70 or Tamron 28-75 or Tamron 28-200

azhenley wrote:

I haven’t used a zoom in 5 years (Sony kit lens) but I’m tired of swapping lenses on hikes. Most of my shots are at 25, 35, or 55, though I don’t carry anything longer.

There are so many options now! The Tamron 28-75 has a ton of reviews and is well loved. The 28-200 is getting a lot of attention too. I don’t see much discussion about the Sigma 28-70 though it is really new. The IQ seems similar to the Tamron plus it’s a bit smaller.

I like small lenses without sacrificing image quality. I don’t think I need the extra zoom beyond 70mm.
Any thoughts between the three options? If you didn’t already own one, which would you order today?

i was just watching this video earlier by a landscape photographer who talks about the strengths and weaknesses of the 28-200 for real world landscape photography. If the lens had existed when i got the 24-105 i might very well of gone for it instead of the sony. I would chose it over the other two for the extra reach if i were to buy again

barnyz's gear list:barnyz's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7 III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow