Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,728
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

miles green wrote:

Brentliris wrote:

BryantP wrote:

James O'Neill wrote:

5r82 wrote:

Since this is a full frame lens, it will could be released with new K-1 Mark 3 one day.

Possibly the announcement it is shipping will coincide with the first showing of K1-iii prototype.

While it might be a nice lens to release in conjunction with a K-1 III, it is also a lens that would make a K-1 or K-1 II a much more attractive purchase to me. Lack of a ultra-wide angle prime has been my primary reason for not going full frame with Pentax.

My thinking as well. I'd think the DFA 21, FA 43 and the DFA 100 2.8 macro would be a great setup. The maybe the DFA 85mm portrait lens could be added when funds would allow.

the 100 macro is a bit harsh for portraits, imho. I'd go for the 77 (or 85 new or old) and keep the macro for when it's needed, and for landscapes.

I bought the manual  Tamron 90mm for portrait use and it served me well, and I keep saying I'll update it to an AF version. I've used it successfully at concerts (on APS it's equivalent to the 135 f/2.8 I used to use on film), so a non-Pentax macro/portrait lens is an option.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow