Still think there is something off with IS...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jostian
Jostian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,665
Still think there is something off with IS...

So got a friend to borrow me his 16 35 F4 L and did a bunch of comparisons compared to my RF 24 105 L at 24mm and 35mm. First off there was no difference with the RF24 105L with stabilizer on or off, and when I had the 16 35 L set with its stabilizer on the results were identical to the 24 105l BUT when I set the 16 35L stabilizer to off and compared there is a definite difference.

See below, with stabilizer on on both lenses the results were like this, everytime, very similar but not exactly sharp.

but when I turned the stabilizer off on the 16 35, the result from it was way sharper, everytime, so I think not everything is hunky-dory with the lens stabilizers working with the IBIS...

and then if you up the shutter speed a bit, you get this, faster speed gives way better sharpness, but you should be able to use 125th at 24mm and get sharp results, possible with the 16 35L if you have lens IS off... so something not working as it should at slower speeds...

-- hide signature --
 Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow