Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,783
Re: Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

Renato1 wrote:

FrancoD wrote:

The OP is talking about the internal factory fitted battery , the one that keeps the time and date. That is why when you chare the manib battery you don't need to reset the date.

Hi,
Actually I'm talking about both. The little internal battery still works fine after 17 years.
In sharp contrast I had also bought what at the time was Nikon's premium, highest end compact camera - the P7000 - made in late 2010. By early 2018, the internal batteries of that model started failing, and its big batteries stopped holding their charge for long lengths of time.
Regards,
Renato

I remember my favourite Minolta 7000 died as the internal battery failed and it was not replaceable.  I regularly replace the main battery in my old cameras to avoid that problem. I also find the KM batteries to have excellent charge holding over several years.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow