Really struggling with my xt30 since getting an xt3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Senior Member • Posts: 1,165
Really struggling with my xt30 since getting an xt3

I like two bodies, currently its xt3 with 150-600, and xt30 with 10-24/18-55. Covers my wildlife and my landscape needs on a day out. For one camera days, I can use the XT3.

I keep considering using xt30 with 27mm for walking etc, but I am struggling with it now! I struggle with it as a second body, and if i take it out alone.

It sounds stupid but my reasons for frustration are:

1: Big big big big 1: Viewfinder - the XT30 VF in comparison just seems borderline useless. I was happy with it before using the XT3, but now I really struggle to enjoy it.

2: Control locks!!  earlier i changed my XT30 by accident to another drive mode The Xt3 lockable dials are really helpful.

3: AF: Since the XT3 firmware, whether imagined or real, I feel the XT3 to be superior, notably, in AF abilities.

4: Not huge deal, but I would like the EFCS option, not sure why it’s not included?

I think mainly when using them both as two body shooting days, it’s the viewfinder that REALLY stands out. It sounds stupid I know, but the difference is really noticeable when using back to back.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think the XT3 has spoiled me. I got my XT3 used for 799UK pounds - it’s such a bargain it’s unreal.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow