Stick with Fuji or Switch Brands for Photos of Toddlers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pragma Junior Member • Posts: 34
Stick with Fuji or Switch Brands for Photos of Toddlers

Essentially I have an X-T1, 16/1.4, 35/2, and Canon FD 28/2.8, 28-85/4, and 70-210/4. I recently bought the 16-80/4 so I could take more photos of my children as they grow up and it was brutal. Couldn’t keep 80% of the photos as I just couldn’t keep up.

Since I bought almost everything used I can essentially sell what I have and have no loss but I’ve been out of the camera shopping world for so long I am lost. I thought the D700 for $600 at the local camera shop was a wild price until I saw it was released in 2014! Before I had the X-T1 I shot the Canon 40D and Rebel 350D.

Originally I used to hike with my gear and take tons of landscapes but with the young family those 2-3 week hikes aren’t happening anymore. Now it’s short trips with one or two lenses and taking the kids to the zoo/park/aquarium/farm.

I enjoy the layout with the dials found on Fuji, it just makes sense to me. The primes are also a delight and something I think would be the hardest to give up. The Sony products from 2013-4 were expensive and underwhelming at the time and Oly had a lot of interesting features but the M4/3 sensor was weak.

honesty I have no idea where to start anymore and looking for some help. Is the X-E4/X-T4 a viable option for my needs or should I be looking for the Canon 7D/Nikon D300s equivalents?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow