Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Renato1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,379
Dimage A2 Sure Does Hold Its Charge

I was going through my cupboard trying to find a spare camera bag when I came across my Dimage A2 that I hadn't used in years.
I turned it on and took a random picture in the room. Then I remembered that it hadn't come up with the "Enter Time and Date", that every other camera I haven't used in a while comes up with (including KM5D which uses the same battery).
So I checked what time and date it had - and it was correct to the minute. Then I checked the date of the last picture I took on it - it was in June 2012. So this camera had held the correct time for nine whole years without its battery going flat. Then I changed the battery, and it still held its settings - unlike some more recently manufactured old cameras I have, which lose their settings whenever the battery is removed.
I think that makes the A2 a good candidate for a car boot/trunk camera - the camera that is handy for odd unexpected occasions, but which you won't mind too much if the car gets broken into and the camera is stolen. Every other camera I've kept in the trunk/boot usually has a flat battery or batteries, when I go to use it in this way - and I often have to muck around by the trunk/boot light putting in the spare battery.
Regards,
Renato

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow