DUMP your Nikons previous to the 'Expeed 4'!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GarysInSoCal
GarysInSoCal Contributing Member • Posts: 755
DUMP your Nikons previous to the 'Expeed 4'!

I'm a big fan of buying slightly used Nikon DSLR cameras at rock bottom prices (camera swapmeets and Craigslist)... but over the years, I have noticed ONE important factor. Any camera I purchased that had processors preceeding the Expeed 4, ended up being somewhat frustrating to use, with inferior focusing and weaker battery life. I have had mild success with using the D700, D600 and D7000 (with Expeed 2-3 processors) in the past, as they possessed pretty impressive sensors, but for the most part, I found them inferior in performance to the current list of Nikons I own (D500-D7200-D810-D750-D7500).

The Expeed 4 Processor is when Nikon REALLY came to play hardball on their image processor. It's cameras came with superior auto-focusing, better dynamic range capabilities (stronger JPEG Active D-Lighting, which I am a huge fan of), faster buffers and improved battery life. If you're shooting with any previous processor versions, do yourself a huge favor and 'follow that upgrade path'.

Here is a link below (scroll to bottom of page) providing 'that upgrade path' and list of Nikons that possess Expeed 4 processors... AND... if you can afford to upgrade to any Nikon with an Expeed 5... definitely jump on that bandwagon. Also included at this link is the list of improvements made to the Expeed 4 over previous versions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeed#Expeed

Ashlyn in Mismaloya... Nikon D810!

GarysInSoCal's gear list:GarysInSoCal's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +11 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow