Archiving/compressing big files (BRAW 6K)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP apekkpul Senior Member • Posts: 1,215
Re: Archiving/compressing big files (BRAW 6K)

Thanks both. I agree that with additional external drives it is easy to overcome the storage issue.

Transcoding has another side effect - it makes clips visible. I have been using Kyno for the media management. It was a great tool, works with Windows and Mac. But it does not support the Gen5 color science (default for the BMPCC 6K Pro) and recently the Kyno's developer (Lesspain software) was acquired by Signiant, and there has not been any updates to Kyno since then (nor any communication if they keep supporting the software at all). Before the Kyno supported BRAW (gen4), I transcoded clips with Adobe Encoder and 3rd party BRAW plug-in. Hated the process but it was good have a visibility to all content. (I kept the original BRAW files.)

Maybe I will do something similar: keep BRAW files  and generate small (proxy-sized) files to get visibility.

apekkpul's gear list:apekkpul's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow