RX10 IV Crash Course/Questions

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kyley New Member • Posts: 24
RX10 IV Crash Course/Questions

Hi All,

At the recommendations of a couple of people on here, I'm probably getting the Sony RX10 IV for my trip to Africa (safaris, mountain gorillas in the forests, etc). Sounds like this camera stands alone in terms of lens range with strong image quality (without the expense and bulk of SLR and multiple lenses). My trip is in 13 days! So a few quick questions:

1. These stores selling the camera for $1,450-$1,500 are all gray market, right? But the ones that have it for $1,698 and package versions at $1,750 with a ton of accessories are legit (Adorama, B&H, etc)?

2. Settings/Modes? I heard someone suggest changing JPG output to Vivid? Are there some other suggested settings here? I have an older Canon SLR (T3i) so I'm not clueless with settings. But any specific settings that work best on this specific camera? Or little issues and workarounds?

3. Must-have accessories? Someone mentioned a flash diffuser. Any suggestions on what to get for that? Or other accessories? I'll get a UV filter for sure and an extra battery + charger if not more than that...

Any other tips would be really appreciated since I won't have a lot of time for learning the camera before the trip! Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Kyle

Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RM3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow