GFX 100s + 110mm F2 are my new favorite

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Discombobulated Regular Member • Posts: 382
GFX 100s + 110mm F2 are my new favorite

I really love this combo, the portrait is out of this world beautiful, but now I really don't have the fund. My work around is to use my existing Z7 paring with a Sigma 105mm f/1.4 (not possess yet) and do you think it can achieve close to my dream combo? Investing $1.5k instead of $9k seems to be more reasonable in my situation now. I was waited for the Nikon 85mm f/1.2s since the news came up in 2019 but it's a no show. My heart has been leaning toward Fujifilm' GFX system and eventually I will give up Nikon.

I've watched a lot of flickr photos to compare these 2 lenses/sensor, I believe the FF sensor probably isn't able to compete with the dynamic range of the MF sensor. I'm happy with 80-90% as good before the switch. Any experience with both to share would be appreciated.

Discombobulated's gear list:Discombobulated's gear list
Leica M-P (Typ 240) Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Leica Summilux-M 24mm f/1.4 ASPH +3 more
Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GFX 100S Nikon Z7 Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow