Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
BryantP Regular Member • Posts: 331
Re: What happened to the FA 21 Limited?

James O'Neill wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:

BryantP wrote:

James O'Neill wrote:

5r82 wrote:

Since this is a full frame lens, it will could be released with new K-1 Mark 3 one day.

Possibly the announcement it is shipping will coincide with the first showing of K1-iii prototype.

While it might be a nice lens to release in conjunction with a K-1 III, it is also a lens that would make a K-1 or K-1 II a much more attractive purchase to me. Lack of a ultra-wide angle prime has been my primary reason for not going full frame with Pentax.

I would love to see a 16-35 f4 as well; it would be nice to carry around a wide-zoom that weighed less than a kilogram.

I wanted the the 15-30 f/2.8 but had to return it, 98x143mm doesn't sound huge, but it is (>1000cc) , and it tips the scales at over 1Kg. I have sigma's 12-24 but really don't feel a lot of love for it (unlike the popular 10-20 I had for APS-C) the 24-70 is 2/3 the volume and 20% lighter but that's still heave and not super-super-wide. (and still double the volume and weight of the 28-105, and the DA 10-17 fisheye is smaller still )

There is a sweet spot for very wide AND portable, but I'm not quite sure what is. I suspect the market is too small to develop one in house, so licensing someone else's design or just leaving it to third parties might be the answer.

I wish Ricoh would rebrand Tamron's 17-35mm F/2.8-4.0 Di OSD lens as an affordable & compact alternative to the 15-30 f/2.8.  I have the Nikon version and find it to be surprisingly good and well made.  It would be ideal for the K-1.

-- hide signature --

Bryant P.
Indianapolis, Indiana USA

BryantP's gear list:BryantP's gear list
Nikon D700 Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow