A versatile wonder (Sigma 135/1.8 Art).

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,052
A versatile wonder (Sigma 135/1.8 Art).

I got a Sigma 135 Art when I retired and managed to get a good deal on it, too. That was a few years back ...

As the years pass I've found I get more and more interested in fast lenses, and I probably wouldn't buy one slower than f/4.0 now, no matter what kind of lens it is (prefer f/2.8 or faster)!

There were two Sigma lenses I was interested in then, either the Sigma 105 Art or the Sigma 135 Art, which weighs the same, and both have a good reputation.
Eventually, I opted for the 135 as I already had the Sigma 105 macro.

Before I was perfectly using it with my D7500 I needed to adjust the focus at about 30 ft, but no other issues have cropped up. Fast, and accurate focusing, and the sharpest lens I've come across  — in short.

I use Nikon 1 (crop factor 2.7), Nikon DX (crop factor 1.5), and Nikon FX (no crop!).

To be easy to use with my Nikon 1 cameras, I attached a grip (the Nikon LD-1000, attached to the BK-100 bracket) to the F-mount adapter (FT1), and that worked very well.

When mounted on my DX I see no need for a bracket, and the same is true when used with my worn FX camera.

Some random samples below, using DX and CX cameras.

Just a tiny crop, no PP otherwise.

Disabled girls out riding.

A Common Gull relaxing in the sun (some PP, not much)

This Great Tit is affected by some skin issue

This is how he should look like!

In short a delightful lens, which I would have loved in a VR/OS version!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow