If you were given $2000 to spend on anything Pentax…

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,041
Re: 150-450 popularity...

robbo d wrote:

.... is an interesting theme coming up in this thread and makes you think about the logic behind a much improved auto focus system.

K3mkiii adopters are now considering their telephoto options because BIF, sports and wildlife are all a much more viable option.

which generally are:

DA*300

55-300PLM

150-450

Give the people the right body and they will buy expensive lenses too.

For me, I have a Bigma and the original 55-300 but both are strugglers with the k3 in lower light and certainly the 150-450 is a dream lens.

Not only is the k3mkiii bringing in the $$ but these lens sales must be correspondingly picking up also.

Yes. I guess K70 was supposed to make the PLM sell like pancakes, but in the end I wonder if the K3III didn't play this role more efficiently...

If this forum is an indication of anything, it seems they sold a few 55-300 and 150-450 thanks to K3III (and/or, thanks to the existence of K3III).

Well, my hope is that they sell many, get money, and use that to release more and more often to make the system a bit more exciting

I notice we don't have much feedback on how the DA* lenses with ring type sdm behave on K3III.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow