Topaz Sharpen AI

Started Jun 17, 2021 | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 21,490
Yes, that is right

rogerstpierre wrote:

Don't compare with images that are already well focused to begin with, use motion blurred or mis-focused ones and you'll see where Sharpen AI shines.

That is correct. I have had it for about a month. I certainly don't use it on all photos, but for the occasional problem photo it usually does well. I only use it for photos that I otherwise like, but have motion blur, camera shake blur, out of focus, or sometimes a combination.  Usually use masking. Sharpen AI can often improve them a lot. No, the result is not like having a perfectly focused shot with totally frozen movement, but sometimes it is pretty close and certainly much better than what I can get in LR and/or PS. I have only used it for about a dozen real photos so far and also used it for testing on another 15-20 last month, but it is good to have.

I like to do everything inside LR and maintain full non-destructive editing, but for the occasional good photo that is not sharp Sharpen AI is a great additional tool.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow